- Responsible body:
- FIPAV - Italian volleyball federation
- Preferred team name:
- Italian national sitting volleyball team
- Team manager name:
- Elva Giulia De Sanctis
- Team manager e-mail:
- Media person name:
- Marco Trozzi
- Media person e-mail:
- Responsible body website:
- Team specific website:
Team informationTeam history:
In 2013, Sitting Volley became part of the sports disciplines of FIPAV, which is recognized by the Paralympic Italian Committee.
The Italian Volleyball Federation, on the authority of the Paralympic Italian Committee of May 15, 2013, has set up the Sitting Volley Department that reports to both the World Paravolley Association (WPV) and the European Paravolley Association (EPV).
The FIPAV Sitting Volley structure, which is part of the National Teams Area, has carried out intensive training activities both within the affiliated companies, for development and promotion.
1) Sabina Fornetti has a serious disability and great passione for this sport. She speaks fluent English.
2) Alessandra Vitale, a woman of great charisma and captain of the team.
3) Chiara Bordi and Sara Desini, two very young athletes, in our opinion capable of carrying our sport forward to the next generation of athletes.
1) Alessandra Vitale, became disabled after a tumor changed her life and brought her to gain a new dimension in her roles of woman, mom and athlete.
2) Sabina Fornetti, lives with a serious disability that does not, however, hinder her from living a 360-degree full life, traveling alone, doing all sorts of experience and tackling everything with utmost serenity.
3) Francesca Bosio, a young girl who also plays volleyball, has a strong personality, leads a very normal life despite a serious disability.
4) Chiara Bordi, a beautiful and very young girl who suffered a terrible accident but that is nowrecovering in great measure.
5) Sara Desini, another young and beautiful player of the team, finds her path and lives a fullfilling life in spite of the physical difficulties she has to stand.
- In March 2016, the Women National team participated in the Paralympic Qualifications in Anji, China.
- In September 2016 an International Women Tournament was organized in the Grosseto province with the following Women National Teams: Italy, Croatia, Hungary and Slovenia.
FIPAV is laying the groundwork to promote sitting volleyball nationwide, using all possible channels.
The current Italian Championship shows such effort, giving a chance to 6 women teams to compete for the national title.
The National Teams Staff, the Organizing and Technical Personnel work tirelessy to develop sitting volleyball on the entire Italian territory, showing all potential athletes the value of this sport.